Tampa Prep Falls Back into Sports Season

Fall Sports are back at Tampa Prep! With full attendance at games, Prep is getting ready to have another fall sports season. 

The Terrapins’ fall sports teams include bowling, cross country, golf, volleyball and swim and diving. Teams have already begun practicing and games have started. 

The bowling team has started their season and have already competed against Cambridge and Tampa Bay Heat. Unfortunately the bowling team lost however they are ready for their next matches. They have an upcoming game this Thursday against Brooks- DeBartolo. 

The cross country team had many of the team members training in the performance center over the summer. The team is looking forward to their season and already had two meets. They had their first event on Aug. 28 at the Jim Ryun Invite. About half the team ran the 5k event which included many of the freshmen. It was a great opportunity for many of the new cross country team members to run and experience their first high school race. Their next meet is Sept. 11 at the Seffner Christian Invite.

“The freshman did really good, we have a lot of new members on the team. Many are from the junior class on the boys team and contributed a lot. The freshmen are definitely working hard and doing great.” Said summer. 

Men’s and Women’s golf teams performed well in their opening matches. The boys golf team won against Calvary Christian and had a loss by only 5 points against Plant. The girls team won both of their matches against Calvary Christian and Plant. Both the girls and boys team have their next match on Wednesday against Shorecrest.  

The girls volleyball team had a great start to their season. Their first game against Mckeel Academy resulted in a win for Tampa Prep. On Tuesday night the volleyball team played Prep’s rivals Berkeley, and although they lost 3-0 it was a close match with the score tied for most of the game. The next volleyball game is against Trinity Prep on September 11th. 

Tampa Prep’s swim and dive team began their season with their first intersquad meet this past Thursday, with a lot of amazing results. Many swimmers went personal bests and it was an amazing meet for many new and returning swimmers. The next meet that the Tampa Prep swim team will be competing in is St. Pete Relays on September 11th.