The Student Led Play ‘The Election’ is Almost Here!

“The Election”, a satire play about a student council president election, will be the first student-directed play to open this school year. The play, which focuses on the role of media in politics, will be performed in the Black Box theater on  Oct.27 at 4:30 p.m., Oct.28 at 7p.m., and Oct. 29 at 7p.m. Tickets can be purchased for $10.

The play is directed by senior Miller Kiser. After only 3 weeks of rehearsals the cast feels that they are more than ready for opening night.

“I’m excited to have a modern play because a lot of the humor is very current and we reference celebrities,” Kiser said.

While the process has its ups and downs there are minor problems such as sound checks and costume designs that could arise. If they do occur Kiser is confident that his cast can work them out.

“I keep assuring them that we have a month left. I think it’s great the rehearsals are really fun and positive, if not a little Chaotic, but it’s really fun,” Kiser said.

Junior Seth Black-Diamond who plays the role of Gary, a sleazy action committee owner, finds himself as the more villainous character in the play. The process has been fun for the actor and he believes that everything will come along on time.

“I’m excited to scream in peoples faces. My character does that a lot,” Black-Diamond said.

Black-Diamond is apprehensive about the countdown, but feels ready for the challenge of learning the script within the short window of time left till opening night.

“I’m worried about time, but I think we are going to get everything done mainly because it’s all off book,” Black-Diamond said.

Despite the limited time frame and production hiccups, the students have invested a lot of time and energy into making sure the show goes on without a hitch. Look out for upcoming ticket sales.