Tampa Prep Middle School Celebrates the End of Semester One

The Tampa Prep Winter Wonderland Middle School Dance took place on Friday, December second, from 7 to 9 p.m.

Seventh and eighth graders celebrated the winter season and the imminent winter break with this festive event. The dance took place under the night sky on Shimberg Field along the river. 

The festivities included a DJ, dancing, and an area for taking photos. Food and drinks were also provided, including a candy bar. 

“The candy bar was my favorite part of the dance,” Elektra Zaritsky, ‘28 said, while “the music was the best part,” Camden Rogero, ‘28 said. 

Dancing and having a fun time with friends allowed the students to decompress before gearing up for the final week of school, when many quizzes, tests, and projects are due. Two subjects will also be giving cumulative semester exams: science and language. 

In previous years, the dance was indoors; however, recent years have seen the venue shift from the student center to Shimberg Field. While the temperature has not yet consistently and substantially cooled off, the weather still made for a nice, enjoyable evening outdoors. 

Zaritsky, Rogero, and Sonia Prakash, ‘28, all agreed that they would rather the dance be held out on the field. 

“I would like the area to be expanded, though,” Prakash said.