High School Student By Day, Pop Star By Night

Starting from a young age, Aja Frazier has been infatuated with music-making as her one sole passion. In the past few years, she has been working her way into the music industry. Going back and forth between Tampa and Los Angeles, Frazier is living her dream of becoming the next pop sensation. 

In her adolescence, she always knew she wanted to be in the music industry. She found inspiration by listening to a plethora of R&B artists like Jorja Smith and H.E.R.

Being in the music industry is fun and exciting, but there are some trials and tribulations with being a high schooler in the industry. Running back and forth to LA on Friday to record and then to turn right around to do an AP World test on Monday morning would be stressful for anyone. 

“The workload I have between the two things. Not only do I have an EP coming out but I also have to study for AP World,” said Frazier.

Since immersing herself into the music industry, she’s has been able to meet one of her favorite celebrities and fellow singer: Peyton List, star of the hit Disney shows “Jessie” and “Bunk’d”.

“When I met her she welcomed me with open arms. She was so sweet and charismatic, it was truly an honor to meet her,” Frazier said.

Throughout quick trips, Frazier is always reminded of her parents support. 

Frazier even had the opportunity to sing the National Anthem at the Tampa Bay Rays game against the Houston Astros. 

“[My parents] have always been super supportive of my dreams with music, especially with joining theater and chorus,” Frazier said. Recently, she got the role of Matron “Mama” Morton in the upcoming spring musical, Chicago.  

Being a high school pop star has its difficulties between writing new music, studying for AP World History, and balancing a social life. 

“It’s hard to do a plethora of homework and then have the energy to songwrite. Sometimes I don’t get home until really late so it’s hard to stay super healthy mentally and socially, but it’s definitely worth it,” Frazier said. 

Frazier’s first single Girls Just Wanna Go Home can be found on Spotify and Apple Music.